Home Page

Pet Supplies

Farm Supplies










The Top 10 most dangerous foods for dogs

After work and dinner, couples can enjoy relaxing on the couch, watch a movie in xmovies8 and have dessert. Dogs, eager to participate, they can look expectantly, waiting for an invitation to embrace his family and share dessert.Unfortunately, some foods that are harmless to humans are toxic to dogs.

Chocolate . Chocolate contains the chemical theobromide, which can cause serious problems if ingested, dogs. Chocolate consumption can damage the central nervous system of a dog, heart, lungs and kidneys. Chocolate, cocoa powder and black chocolate are more toxic than milk chocolate, but all varieties are dangerous.Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, overheating, convulsions, tremors, irregular heartbeat and internal bleeding. Within 12 to 36 hours, dogs can experience sensory sensitivity, stiffness, hallucinations, heart attack, coma and death.

Grapes and raisins . A single serving of raisins or grapes can cause serious illness or death in some dogs. Because the toxin accumulates internally, even a dog that has no negative reaction to these fruits can become extremely ill with time. The first symptoms of poisoning with raisins and grapes include vomiting and diarrhea, followed by lethargy, dehydration, lack of appetite, decreased urine and kidney failure, which can result in chronic renal disease or death.

Onions and garlic . Onion, garlic, onions and shallots contain disulfide, a compound which can damage the red blood cells of dogs. When dogs eat raw onions or garlic, they are at risk of developing hemolytic anemia, which occurs when red blood cells are destroyed and can not be replaced. Eating ways onion powder or garlic in soups or sauces is also toxic. The signs of internal damage, such as weakness, orange urine, tiredness or unjustified resistance movement may not appear for a few days. If you notice these symptoms, immediately take your dog to a veterinarian or emergency clinic, where a blood transfusion may be necessary.

Baking dough . The raw bakery dough contains yeast, which can be dangerous for any dog that ingests. The moist heat of the stomach provides a perfect environment for the yeast in the raw dough rise, which can cause severe discomfort and lead to rupture of the stomach or intestines of the dog. The expansion of the stomach can press against the dog diaphragm, making breathing difficult. If your dog has eaten bread dough has to be examined by a veterinarian immediately.

Nuts . Nuts are unhealthy for dogs, for its high content of phosphorus can lead to bladder stones. Walnuts are poisonous to dogs, like macadamia nuts. Eating even a few macadamia nuts can be harmful, leading to vomiting, muscle pain, joint swelling and general weakness. Dogs that have eaten macadamias may experience hypothermia, dizziness, coordination problems, tremors and high fever. Consult your veterinarian immediately if your dog shows any of these symptoms.

Fatty foods . When dogs like meat and other foods high in fat, but the cooked and raw meat leftovers of meat and fat from meats cut it can cause pancreatitis.Unfortunately, some people feed dogs with leftovers, and dogs sometimes treat themselves to steal food. Pancreatitis in dogs often followed by the consumption of a meal or snack greasy occurs. Your dog may become very sick quickly, and if younotice symptoms such as sudden vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain, should be examined by a veterinarian and receive intensive fluid and antibiotic therapy.

Nutmeg . Nutmeg used in cooking or sprinkled on eggnog can be very toxic to dogs, and nutmeg oil can cause damage to the central nervous system. The toxicity of nutmeg can cause abdominal pain, vomiting, muscle spasms, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, tremors, extreme drowsiness, personality changes, seizures and hallucinations. Your dog should be examined by a veterinarian immediately because if treated too late or not treated, nutmeg poisoning can be fatal.

Xylitol . Xylitol is a sweetener used in chewing gum, sugarless candies, and as asweetener added to baked sugarless products. Products containing xylitol should never be given to, or be within reach of dogs. Symptoms of xylitol poisoning include vomiting, lethargy, loss of coordination, erratic behavior, disorientation and seizures.Eating candy, gum or baked goods made with xylitol can cause a severe drop in blood sugar levels, resulting in liver failure. If you suspect your dog has ingested xylitol, it should be taken to a veterinarian or an emergency clinic immediately.

Aguacate . La Fura avocado, leaves, seeds and bark can be toxic to dogs and can cause diarrhea and vomiting. The danger comes from persin, oil soluble toxin found in the avocado fruit and skin. Another danger for dogs is the large avocado seed, which, if ingested, can block the digestive tract and require emergency surgery.

Leather candy . Feed your dog rawhide treats can cause a number of problems.Some rawhide products have tested positive for toxic chemical or bacterial contamination of Salmonella and E. coli substances. If you give your dog rawhide, I them on watch while you are chewing, because it softens and becomes enlarged by the saliva of dog. He is to be removed before being swallowed, as it continues to expand in the stomach or intestines, causing a blockage that may require emergency surgery. Contact your veterinarian immediately if your dog symptoms include nausea, repetitive swallowing, vomiting, diarrhea, signs of pain, lack of energy, loss of appetite or fever.





Designed & Maintained by
Online Computer Distribution